Original Flava - Dumplings
We love Original Flava, check them out at Original Flava
Dumplings is a traditional dish from the caribbean, these nourishing dough balls are used for a variety of meals.
- 660g Self-raising flour / or 660g cups plain flour and 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp. sugar (optional
- 230ml cup of water/ milk (more or less if required)
- Vegetable oil (enough to shallow fry in your frying pan)
- Firstly add 660g of Self-rising flour into a bowl
- Then add 1 tsp Salt and 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Then mix around with a spoon and gradually add 115ml cold water/milk.
- Use your hand and knead the dough in bowl by consistently twisting the dough, gradually add the rest of the water/milk to the dough if dry and keep kneading together.
- Your dough should now be dry with a slight moist consistency and ready to break into dumplings.
- Break a piece of dough and make a circular shape.
- Heat oil in fruing pan on medium-high heat
- Carefully place dumping in hot oil and fry on each side till golden brown.
- Place on paper towel.